VECTOR is a hat pattern that plays with shape and form. You can see the textured diamond stitch pattern is peppered across its ribbed body that flows seamlessly from the brim and into the crown shaping. The hat comeswith an optional pompom, which, personally should be a must just because it's fun!
You can see what the crown looks like when it's not covered with pompom - the ribs taper towards the centre point and it all comes together quite perfectly.
- Skill Level Intermediate – knitting in the round, knit and purl pattern from written instructions or chart, decreases
- To Fit Size 18 (20, 22, 24) in / 45.5 (51, 56, 61) cm head circ
- Finished Measurements 16 (18, 20, 22) in / 40 (45, 50, 55) cm brim circ, designed to fit with approximately 2 in / 5 cm of negative ease
- Yarn Knit Picks Swish Worsted (100% Superwash Merino Wool, 110 yds / 150 m / 50 g), in Dove Heather; 2 skeins.
Substitute with approx 130 (150, 165, 180) yds / 120 (135, 150, 165) m of worsted weight yarn that knits to the specified gauge, plus approximately extra 30yds /28m to make the pompom.
- Gauge 20 sts and 26 rnds = 4 in / 10 cm in pattern stitch on larger needles
- Needles AND Notions Size 3.75 mm (US 5) 16 in / 40 cm circular needle Size 4 mm (US 6) 16 in / 40 cm circular needle and set of double pointed needles
Stitch marker, tapestry needle, pompom maker or cardboard template