TESSERACT – the first pattern in the new Autumn Essentials collection is here!
As you can gather from the pattern name, this year's collection is inspired by geometry, exploring the
2D nature of stitch patterns and turning them into wearables with depth.
Knitted using a chunky singles yarn, TESSERACT begins as a garter strip that's joined into a loop after a few rounds making it easier not to twist the knitting accidentally. The stitch pattern itself is a combination of lace and garter blocks assuring the knitting is fast and the pattern is easy to memorise.
Once the cowl is finished its hem is sewn together using the cast on tail. You can either opt to wear it as a reversible loop or fold it over twice for extra warmth/texture. The stitch patterns The
TESSERACT cowl can be knitted by adventurous beginners and worn by any adventurous soul seeking an extra layer or two!
- Skill Level Intermediate – knitting in the round, simple lace pattern from written instructions or chart.
- Finished Measurements 56 in / 140 cm circ and 8 in / 20.5 cm tall
- Yarn Wendy Aspire Chunky (80% Wool / 20% Alpaca, 153yds / 140m / 100g), Cayenne #3245; 3 skeins. Substitute with approximately 355yds / 325m of chunky weight yarn that knits to the specified gauge.
- Gauge 16 sts and 28 rnds = 4 in / 10 cm in pattern
- Needles and Notions Size 6 mm (US 10) 24 in / 60 cm (or longer) circular needle Stitch marker, tapestry needle