Anyways, back to the hat: It was on the back burner for just over a year, that's right a year! I sketched it at the end of 2007 together with the Chevron Beret and completely forgot about it up until a couple of months ago when I found it in the not-so-organized pile of old sketches. Back then, I couldn't find the stitch pattern that would be just right, even though it seemed like I tried something like a gazillion of them, so I decided to leave it. And time was exactly something that it needed, as soon as I picked up that sketch I know right away what to do with it; stitches, construction, shape all came together nicely.
I had to black out my red hear because the green clashed with it and my face looked like I just came out of the Finnish sauna :)
I also want to show you the vest that I finished some time last month but never got to photographing it. I am hoping to finish the pattern in the next couple of weeks.