Rounds 3 and 7 in the chart (original pattern in the magazine, page 18) should be replaced with the following:
Rnd 3: *C4R, k4, C4L; repeat from * to end.
Rnd 7: *K2, C4L, C4R, k2; repeat from * to end
____________________Girl's dress with sewn skirt - Yarn Forward magazine, issue 3
The original pattern from issue 3 of Yarn Forward Magazine is missing the skirt's instructions. Here is the how to:
You will need
Piece of fabric 36 (43, 49, 56, 62) cm long x 109 (109, 128, 128, 143) cm wide
[14 (17, 19, 22, 25) inches long x 43 (43, 50.5, 50.5, 56.5) inches wide]
To make the skirt
1. Zigzag over the side and top edges.
2. Fold the fabric in half, right sides facing and stitch along the side seam 1.5cm (5/8 inch) from the edge. Press seam open.
3. To gather upper edge of the skirt, stitch two lines of the widest machine stitch setting 1.2cm (1/2 inch) from the top edge and another one just above it. Pull bobbin threads until the skirt’s width is the same as the bodice’s width. Knot threads. Distribute gathering evenly.
4. Pin skirt to bodice, placing the skirt under the bodice and making sure the seam is in the centre of bodice’s back. Handstitch the two together.
5. Hem. Turn 3cm (1 ¼ inches) under and press. Turn raw edge under and baste. Edgestitch the hem in place.